June 03, 2010

Ekpe Udoh Will Workout For The Jazz

Ekpe Udoh was interviewed by Jorge Sierra this past week. He was asked about where he is scheduled to workout and responded with:

"I had a workout in Houston. I’m going to Indiana, then I have the Raptors. Then a West Coast swing with Golden State, Sacramento and the Clippers. Then I have Utah, Minnesota, New Orleans, Memphis, Oklahoma and Detroit."

Udoh is 23 years old and only played one season at Baylor. He originally started his college career at Michigan but transferred to Baylor. Last season he averaged 13.9 points, 9.8 rebounds, and 3.7 blocks a game. And from what I have read he sounds like he could be Sloan kind of guy. He is listed at 6'10" but measured just barely under that at the draft combine and weighs in at 237 pounds. He has a wing span of 7'4.5"!

In an article in the Indianapolis Star today they said the following about Udoh:

"Speaking of the No. 10 pick, Baylor's Ekpe Udoh looked pretty impressive during his workout Tuesday. He's definitely a high- energy player that doesn't stop playing until the whistle is blown."

He could possibly be playing for the Jazz next season. Take a look at this highlight tape.


2 comments:

Unknown said...

THIS IS DAVID LOCKE'S PICK... SO FAR.

Shake said...

That is interesting! I like him a ton! I wish he was 7 feet though... But he has a 30" vertical jump and long arms so he would in the sense make the Jazz longer. I also like that he is 23 years old and not some 19 or 20 old that has not matured at all.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...