June 30, 2010

Boozer On Howard's Want List

Like many of you I am very excited for free agency to kick off and to find out where all of the big names are going. Today I found a rumor posted by Ken Berger of CBSSports

I perviously posted on this topic in the past and you can see that by clicking here. In that post I had the Jazz getting Marcin Gortat and Brandon Bass for Boozer. Redick would surely fit in the Jazz offense but with the drafting a Gordon Hayward I am not sure the Jazz would be that interested in Redick. In my opinion Bass is a good player but he is undersized at 6'8" and would not help the Jazz good longer. Although he would be a great back up.

I have done a little research and this might be able to work. My understanding is that the Jazz have $6.5 million in trade exceptions that they can use from the trade of Matt Harping and Eric Maynor last year. Now the Jazz would be over the cap for another year with this trade but they sign Boozer for $15 million and trade him for Gortat and either Bass or Redick (combined $10.3 million). Then you use the trade exception to make up the difference in the contracts $6.5 million. If you can apply the remaining money from the trade exception that would put the Jazz at paying $8.5 million for 2 new players next season. Keep in mind that I do not pretend to understand the details involved in an NBA trade. I am merely attempting to provide a possibly avenue for this idea.

I do however believe this is something that the Jazz are at least entertaining seeing that CBSSports is now the second source that has reported on this.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Harpering's trade exception is 6.5 mil. all by it's self. I like this trade. On strictly #'s it seems like Orlando get's the win... but to pick up these two guys for 8.5 mil. is a great get. Gortat is a 5/4 starter on 70% of the league.
And finally, it's a move! It's not standing still which is something the Jazz need to do to show that we are trying to get better.(For D-will?)

Anonymous said...

Greatings, De dуnde eres? їEs un secreto? :)

[url=http://www.affhtf.com/]Kicker[/url]

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...