July 07, 2010

All Star Game 2010



The time is fast approaching for the 2010 All Star game. The starting lineup has been announced, and I'm pleased to say that many of my key picks made the cut.

Presenting the starting lineup for the American League...

Pos Player
C Joe Mauer, MIN
1B Justin Morneau, MIN
2B Robinson Cano, NYY
SS Derek Jeter, NYY
3B Evan Longoria, TB
OF Josh Hamilton, TEX
OF Ichiro Suzuki, SEA
OF Carl Crawford, TB
DH Vladimir Guerrero, TEX

There's not a lot of surprises here, though I personally think that both Mauer and Morneau are overrated. I mean, if you can't perform in the post season, are you really All Star material? Seriously? I'll let y'all ruminate about that for awhile.

Here's the starting lineup for the National League...

Pos Player
C Yadier Molina, STL
1B Albert Pujols, STL
2B Chase Utley, PHI
SS Hanley Ramirez, FLA
3B David Wright, NYM
OF Ryan Braun, MIL
OF Andre Ethier, LAD
OF Jason Heyward, ATL

Again, not a lot of surprises here... though let it be known that I CAN. NOT. STAND. Chase Utley. (Yup, I said it. And I'm not ashamed.) I just hope he showers before the game. And limits his chewing to wads of tobacco smaller than a child's head. I'm just sayin...

Insofar as pitching is concerned, I think the American league has an edge. They boast a pitching staff that contains the best closer in the history of the game, and some other great talent. It'll be interesting to see who pitches when, and what effect it'll have on the outcome of the game.

Are there any players you would have liked to see make the team that didn't? Do you think that some players on the team don't deserve to be there?

Sound off in the comments below.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Dodgers are represented. Snickers for me.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...